- Non-violence (ahimsa) – Compassion is good.
- Truthfulness (satya) – I don’t know how much I’ll avoid exaggerations when they’re funny, but yes, avoiding deception and mistruth is always a good idea.
- Non-stealing (asteya) – OK, on this one, I have to laugh and tell you autocorrect has changed the Sanskrit in parentheses to ‘astray’ twice. I’m starting to question the ethical integrity of spell check.
- Conservation of vital energy (bramacharya) – For married me this is mostly about fidelity, which thankfully comes pretty easy to me… at least in part because he’s awesome.
- Non-hoarding (aparigraha) – Well, we’re doing some major spring cleaning as we prep to leave, so I’m getting plenty of chances to work on this one.
- Cleanliness (saucha) – Again, spring cleaning.
- Contentment (santosha) – I’ve been working on this for a while. Balancing this one is my achilles heal.
- Discipline (tapas) – We can all use more of this one. My focus here is pushing to stay physically active.
- Study by and of the self (svadhyaya) – Check. Potentially obsessed with this one.
- Surrender (ishvara pranidhana) – Um… no comment.
It’ll take me a while to re-read and tag everything, and I’ll probably change my mind more than once on which tag(s) should be included, but I believe it will be a worthwhile exercise, so I’m doing it.
And in case you’re wondering (or you just love organizing things like my friend ET who organizes my bathroom cabinets ever time I move), yes, your tagging suggestions are welcome. You can tell me what you think I should add in the comments.